To search for a specific recipe, refer to the Appetizers page and click the recipe link in the Appetizers Index section.
Crack Sausage Balls
So, you're not going to eat just one...these sausage balls are loaded with cream cheese, bacon, and ranch. Seriously the best sausage balls you'll ever eat. you can make these in advance and freeze un-baked for a quick snack later. These are also great for tailgating and parties.
- 1 lb Breakfast Sausage
- 1 Package Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 lb Cooked and Chopped Bacon
- 1 1/2 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix all ingredients until well combined with an electric stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment. be sure to use grated cheddar cheese and not packaged shredded cheddar. The balls will not stick together well.
- Roll into 11-inch balls and bake on a baking sheet for 15-18 minutes.
- Can substitute turkey sausage and turkey bacon for a lighter option.
- 2 Croissant Roll Tubes
- 2 (8 oz) Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 pkt Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
- 2 cup Grated or Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 cup Diced Green Peppers optional
- 3/4 cup Diced Green Onions optional
- 3/4 cup Chopped Broccoli optional
- 3/4 cup Chopped Cauliflower optional
- 3/4 cup Diced Tomato optional
- 3/4 cup Chopped Carrots optional
- 3/4 cup Diced Red Onions
- Flatten croissant rolls on cookie sheet to make a solid crust.
- Bake until golden according to package instructions. Let cool.
- Mix, cream cheese, miracle whip, sour cream, and ranch mix.
- Spread mixture on cold crust and top with chopped or grated vegetables of your choice.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of vegetables.
- Chill and cut into squares and serve.
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 1/2 cup Shredded Colby-Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 1/4 cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Onions
- 2 lb. Ground Beef
- 2 cups Ketchup
- 1 tbsp. Mustard
- 1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- In a large bowl, combine egg, cheese, breadcrumbs, and onion.
- Crumble the beef over the mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1 1/2" balls. Transfer the balls to a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and pour over the meatballs.
- Cover the slow cooker with a lid and cook on low 7-8 hours.
Who doesn’t love food that is fun to say? These Bayou Bundles are fun to say, fun to make and even more fun to eat! Normally rangoons are made with either cream cheese by itself or crab along with the cream cheese. I personally found that adding chunks of shrimp gave the rangoons more texture and flavor. In the bayou, we use our fresh seafood as often as we can!
- 1/2 lb Fresh Crab Meat, drained, picked and flaked
- 1/2 lb Shrimp, cleaned, cooked and diced
- 1/2 tsp A-1 Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- Dash of Red Pepper
- 1 (8oz) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Egg Yolk, well beaten
- Oil for Frying
- 3 doz Wonton Wrappers
- Combine crab meat, diced shrimp, cream cheese and seasonings into a paste.
- Place heaping teaspoons of mixture in middle of a wonton wrapper.
- Brush edges of wrapper with egg yolk
- Gather 4 edges and pinch or twist together gently to seal.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet to 375F.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Drain and serve with sweet and sour sauce or Chinese mustard sauce.
Cajun Crab Balls
Of a similar texture to crab cakes, these delicious balls are deep-fried to golden perfection and go well with different dipping sauces like remoulade, tartar, or cocktail sauce. Serve with a salad for a light lunch or alongside a bowl of soup for a more filling meal. Use them in wraps or a crab sandwich between crusty slices of bread.
- 1 1/2 lb Crab Meat
- 1 cup Onions chopped fine
- 1/2 cup Bell Pepper chopped fine
- 1/2 cup Celery chopped
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Creole Seasoning
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Flour
- Dash of Tobasco
- 2 medium boxes Plain Bread Crumbs
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt butter; remove from heat and blend in flour.
- Gradually blend in milk to flour, mixing very well to incorporate.
- Cook this on low. Heat, stirring constantly until thick and smooth. Allow to cool.
- Beat eggs and add this to crab mixture along with white sauce.
- Mix this well. Place in ungreased 9x8x2 pan.
- Chill in refrigerator about 2 hours.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop mixture and form in a ball using the bread crumbs.
- Fry in oil and serve while hot.
- Serves 24 depending on size of balls.
Cajun Shrimp Deviled Eggs
Traditionally, deviled eggs are prepared with hard boiled eggs and a mashed yolk mixture prepared with mayonnaise, mustard, spices and relish. This recipe involved a slight twist and presents a rich Cajun flare. Deviled eggs with fresh herbs, lemon and pepper sauce topped with buttered Cajun-Creole shrimp. These deviled eggs with shrimp will replace traditional deviled eggs anytime!
- 1 doz Eggs
- 2 doz Fresh Medium Sized Shrimp
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 small Lemon
- 2-3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/2-1 tbsp Tobasco
- 1 tbsp Sweet Relish
- 1-2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning + 2 tsp for Cajun Shrimp
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chopped Dill
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chopped Green Onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Perfect Boiled Eggs: Gently place eggs in a shallow pot.
- Fill with water covering eggs and once eggs begin to boil, turn off heat and cover for 15-20 minutes.
- Cajun Egg Filling: Peel eggs, slice in half and in a medium sized bowl, add egg yolks.
- Place halved egg whites on paper towels to dry.
- In the bowl with egg yolks, add listed ingredients beginning with Mayonnaise.
- Taste after adding ingredients and adjust to your liking and spice level.
- Mix until creamy, cover, and set aside.
- Cajun Shrimp: In a medium-sized pan on medium-high heat, add olive oil.
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel.
- Add Old Bay Seasoning, stir until well coated.
- Saute shrimp until done (if raw) or until slightly charred.
- Half-way through cooking, add 1 tsp of lemon juice to shrimp.
- Plating Cajun Shrimp Deviled Eggs: Scoop egg mixture evenly into egg white cups and top with one Cajun Shrimp.
- Garnish with Paprika and green onions or dill weed.
Add bacon to anything and it will fly off the table. These simple bites require only four ingredients. Bacon takes care of the salt. Jalapenos eliminate the need for black pepper or cayenne pepper. Cooking it on the grill gets the bacon crispy while the cheese stays gooey and melted on the inside. Drizzle them in delicious sauce after grilling.
- 1 pack Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 (8 oz.) Pack of Cream Cheese
- 1 package Thin Sliced Bacon
- Jalapenos-Fresh or Jarred
- BBQ Sauce of your choice
- Cut chicken breast into strips and season to taste.
- Spread cream cheese on one side of the chicken, add jalapenos (Halved and seeded)
- Fold the chicken breast in half with the cheese and peppers on the inside.
- Cut bacon strips in half or leave whole depending on how much bacon you like.
- Wrap the bacon around the chicken strip and hold together with a toothpick.
- Place in the oven at 400F or on the grill and baste with BBQ sauce until the bacon is crispy.
- For an extra kick, mix sour cream and lime juice together and drizzle on top of the poppers.
Crunchy Chicken Salad Sandwiches
It’s perfect for a hearty lunch, parties, and special events. There’s a reason everyone loves chicken salad sandwiches – they’re packed with flavor, texture and color. This easy salad can be made with leftover grilled chicken, baked chicken, or rotisserie chicken. Serve it up on lettuce or a croissant roll for a fancy touch!
- 3 cup finely chopped and cooked chicken breast
- 2 cup finely chopped Celery
- 2 cups chopped Apple
- 2 cups chopped Walnuts
- (8 oz) Light Cream Cheese
- 1 small carton Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Light Mayonnaise
- 1/4-1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Red Pepper to taste
- Mix softened cream cheese with mayonnaise in mixer.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over apples, so as to not turn dark.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in cream cheese and mayonnaise mixture.
- Mix well and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Put in covered container and refrigerate until ready to make sandwiches.
Ooey Gooey Sandwiches
This is another of my son's favorites. These little bite size sandwiches are hot with melted cheese on sweet Hawaiian Bread rolls with delicious savory and sweet sauce drizzled on top. These little appetizers are always a huge hit for showers and parties. They are sure to please every kind of palate attending!
- 12 Hawaiian Bread Rolls
- 1 lb Sliced Deli Ham
- 1 lb Sliced Swiss Cheese
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 tbsp Honey Mustard
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Poppy Seeds
- Onion Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Half rolls and place ham and Swiss cheese in the middle of all rolls. (I fold the ham and Swiss into fourths and make a few layers of each.)
- Melt butter and mix well with honey mustard, sugar, and garlic power.
- Place sandwiches into a 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour sauce over all sandwiches to make sure every part of the tops are covered.
- Sprinkle tops with poppy seeds and onion flakes.
- Bake in oven at 350F for 15 minutes.
- 2 slices Bread cubed
- 1 (12 oz) can of Beer
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- 3 tbsp Margarine
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 Beef Cubes
- 1-2 tbsp Flour (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Soak bread cubes in 1/2 cup beer.
- Combine ground beef with cheese, salt, pepper, and beer soaked bread.
- Mix well and form into cocktail size meat balls.
- Arrange in a single layer on cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile sauté onions in margarine until tender.
- Stir in sugar, vinegar, beef cube, and remaining beer.
- Thicken with flour if desired.
- Simmer over low heat 10 minutes.
- When meat balls are done, drain on paper towels.
- Then add to sauce and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve warm in fondue pot.
- 2 lbs Velveeta Cheese
- 1 lb Jalapeno Cheese
- 1 (12 oz) pkg Cream Cheese
- 3/4 to 1 cup Bell Pepper chopped (use red and green peppers or pimentos for color)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper chopped fine
- 1/4 cup Green Onions chopped fine
- 3/4 cup Nuts of your choice chopped fine
- Mix Velveeta and jalapeno cheese thoroughly.
- Mix cream cheese, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, green onions, and nuts.
- Pat or roll out onto the first cheese roll, then roll up in log fashion.
- Cut into small logs and roll each individually in saran wrap.
- Chill. Slice and serve.
- Will keep well refrigerated or frozen.
Stuffed Shiitakes Parmigiana
In honor of my sister's birthday, I thought I'd post one of her favorite recipes that I make. She could eat the whole appetizer plate. The mushrooms are stuffed with Parmesan, pepperoni, peppers, crackers, and delectable spices that makes for an easy appetizer. They are absolutely delicious!
- 12 Large Shiitake Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp Butter divided
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 1/2 (4 oz) pkg sliced Pepperoni chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper diced
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1/3 cup Chicken Broth
- 12 Round Buttery Crackers crushed
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 tsp dried Oregano
- Dash of Pepper
- Remove and discard stems from mushroom.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms in 2 batches and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place mushroom caps on a 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan, set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter in skillet over medium high heat and add onion and next 3 ingredients.
- Saute until tender.
- Add broth and remaining 6 ingredients, stirring until liquid is absorbed.
- Spoon mixture onto mushroom caps .
- Broil 3 inches from heat for 2 minutes and serve immediately.
Lasagna Cups are a fun twist on lasagna and great for dinner or as a party appetizer. Layers of pasta, meat sauce, and cheese baked as cute little cups is a delicious way to enjoy your favorite Italian lasagna. I’ve seen many other recipes for lasagna cups and so many use wonton wrappers. Well, that’s not the Italian way so I use Lasagna noodles, you could also use fresh pasta which would be delicious.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Large Onion
- 1/2 lb Lean Ground Beef cooked and drained
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Small Zucchini
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce + 1/2 can of water
- 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 10 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese Spread
- 2 tbsp Whole Milk
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 3/4 lb Mozzarella Cheese grated and divided
- 1/3 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 21 Lasagna Pasta Strips
- Sauce: Heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté onions, pepper, and zucchini and garlic until tender, 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked ground beef and tomato paste until incorporated well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 30 minutes. The longer it cooks the better it tastes!
- Cheese Filling: Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Cook pasta strips 2 minutes less than package directions and drain.
- Place pasta on greased baking sheet until you are ready for assembly.
- Assembly: Preheat oven to 350F, line 12 jumbo muffin tins with squares of parchment paper.
- If they don't stay in on their own, the pasta will help to keep them in place.
- Line the edges of the muffin tins with 1 pasta strip per cup. Pasta strip will overlap about 2 inches.
- Spoon about 1/2 tbsp of sauce into the bottom of each cup.
- Next cut 9 pasta strips into quarters and press one of these pieces of pasta into the bottom on top of the sauce.
- Top pasta strip with a generous tbsp of sauce then a generous tbsp of cheese filling.
- Repeat this pasta-sauce-cheese layering one more time being sure to press out any air bubbles.
- Top the lasagna cups with a 3rd piece of pasta, more sauce and the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until everything is hot and bubbly.
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika or Regular Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- 2 slices Pepperjack Cheese quartered
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 Mini Hamburger Buns split or Dinner Rolls
- 1/4 cup Prepared Ranch Dressing
- 16 Arugula Leaves or Lettuce of choice
- 8 Roma Tomato slices
- 4 cooked Bacon Slices crisp
- Place all Cajun seasonings into a bowl, mix to combine.
- Place beef, seasoning, hot sauce, and garlic into a large bowl and mix until just combined and form into 8 equal size patties.
- Place oil into a large skillet over medium heat.
- In batches, place patties into hot skillet and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place a quarter of cheese on top of each burger to melt.
- Place rolls split side up into same skillet until toasted, about 1 minute.
- Spread dressing onto insides of warm toasted rolls.
- Layer bottom roll with arugula leaves, a burger, a tomato slice, and a bacon slice cut in half.
- Close with top roll and insert a toothpick inside each burger from the top to hold them together.
Tex Mex Egg Rolls
These flavorful eggrolls are the perfect party appetizer or an easy meal, especially dipped in sour cream, salsa, or guacamole. They are extra crispy on the outside and bursting with an insane amount of flavor and texture on the inside. Not only are they delicious but they are EASY to make. Grilled, diced chicken breast can also be added for an extra punch!
- 1 bunch Green Onions chopped
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 cup Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 (15oz) can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen Whole Kernel Corn
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Cilantro or Parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese with Peppers
- 14 Egg Roll Wrappers
- Peanut Oil
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Guacamole
- Sauté green onions and bell pepper in hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in spinach and cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts.
- Add black beans and next 5 ingredients, cook stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat, let stand 15 minutes.
- Stir in cheese.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of mixture in center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Fold top corner over filling and fold left and right corners over filling.
- Lightly brush remaining corner with water, tightly roll filled end toward remaining corner, and gently press to seal.
- Pour peanut oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches in a medium saucepan, heat to 350F.
- Fry egg rolls in batches, 5 minutes or until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, or sour cream.
- 3/4 lb ground Pork
- 1/2 Jalapeno Pepper seeded
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- 3/4 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Golden Rasins
- 1 1/2 cup Chipotle Salsa divided
- 2 tbsp fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup chopped Almonds toasted
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 (16.3oz) can refrigerated Buttermilk biscuits
- 1 large Egg lightly beaten
- Cook pork in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink, drain.
- Add jalapeno pepper and next 4 ingredients, cook stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Stir in raisins. 1/2 cup salsa, and lime juice.
- Remove from heat and stir in almonds and sour cream. Cool.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits.
- Separate each biscuit in half to make 16 rounds.
- Roll each round on a lightly floured surface to a 4-inch circle.
- Spoon 1 heaping tbsp pork mixture in center of each dough circle.
- Fold dough over filling, pressing edges with a fork to seal.
- Cover empanadas with plastic wrap, and chill 30 minutes.
- Place empanadas on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Brush evenly with beaten egg.
- Bake at 350F for 18 minutes or until golden.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheets.
- Serve with remaining 1 cup chipotle salsa.