To search for a specific recipe, refer to the Sides page and click the recipe link in the Sides Index section.
Matt's Must-Have Macaroni and Cheese
This is the first recipe my husband offers up for me to make, even without me knowing, anytime we are invited to a dinner party with friends and family. I believe he could eat solely this mac n cheese forever and be happy. Homemade, from scratch, comfort dish that should be a staple at any dinner table.
- 2 cups Uncooked Elbow Macaroni
- 1/4 cup Softened Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Black Pepper to taste
- 8 oz. Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz Velveeta
- 4 oz Softened Cream Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Boil noodles until cooked, strain, and set aside.
- Melt 3 tbsp of unsalted butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 3 tbsp of flour and whisk until consistency is that of a paste.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup of half and half. Whisk until combined. Gradually add the remaining 1 1/2 cups until combined.
- Continue to heat, whisking occasionally for about 10 minutes to allow it to thicken.
- Remove from heat, combine with remaining ingredients, add to warm macaroni and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let it stand 10 minutes before serving.
Tab's Pasta Salad
A refreshing and fun pasta salad, even the kids will love. I bring this for the family to eat during the summertime when we go to the beach or down to the sand bars at the river. It's so easy to pack up and go, just throw it in the ice chest. I fill up a big Ziploc bag and pour it out onto paper plates. It is a big hit with everyone!
- 1 pkg Bow-Tie Pasta, cooked
- 1 pkg Ham, cubed
- 2 ribs Celery finely chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 4 oz. Cheddar Cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Cook pasta, drain and let cool.
- Add all other ingredients in a bowl and mix together well.
- Once pasta has cooled, add to the mixture and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold.
- Serve chilled.