To search for a specific recipe, refer to the Main Courses page and click the recipe link in the Main Courses Index section.
Mea's Baked Turkey
What is Thanksgiving without turkey and all the goodies on the side? We have always had a traditional Thanksgiving lunch at my grandmother's house as long as I can remember. I'm not super big on turkey, I'd rather have all the side dishes, but my Mea's turkey is super juicy and has lots of flavor. I always take a bite of turkey and then a bite of canned cranberry sauce all together and it has to be canned cranberry!
- 1 Butterball Turkey
- 1 stick Softened Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Garlic Powder
- Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 stalks Celery, Chopped into big pieces
- 1 Large Onion, quartered
- 1 Apple, quartered
- Creole Seasoning
- Thaw turkey completely.
- Remove the neck, gizzards etc. from the cavity.
- Thoroughly wash turkey inside and out with water.
- Using paper towels, completely dry the turkey.
- Rub butter inside the cavity, up inside of the neck cavity, and all over the outside of the turkey.
- Sprinkle all seasonings on the inside and outside of the turkey.
- Put celery, onion, and apple pieces inside the cavity.
- Wrap the turkey in heavy foil and bake at 350F for about 4 hours or according to the package directions for the size of the turkey you have.